April 14-19, 2013 $5 Rhythm & Motion classes
Rhythm & Motion (R&M) was founded in 1979 by Consuelo Faust in San Francisco and is now merging to the east coast through Richmond Ballet!
Rhythm & Motion offers fun, high energy dance-based classes for the general public. All R&M teachers are experienced dancers who draw from a common body of choreography inspired by a popular and international mix of music and dance.
These aren't your typical "dance" classes! Our dance workout program cultivates a welcoming, accepting atmosphere that promotes health and well-being for all people regardless of background. At R&M, "Anyone Can Dance!"
Intro to Adult Ballet classes are full for Spring 2013 this class will be offered again this July.
Please register early, as this class tends to fill quickly.
Announcing an introductory into the world of ballet: Intro to Adult Ballet
This class is designed for the adult who has a hankering to try a ballet class but is either intimidated, self conscious, or just needs a gentle beginning. Susan Massey will teach the class which will meet for four lessons, touching on history, basic technique, and terminology. Each class will incorporate basic barre work and center work, with hopes of building confidence with each class. After all four lessons, the student will transition into the Adult Ballet I class already offered. Only requirements: commit to all four lessons and come dressed in clothes you can easily move in!
General Adult Class Information:
- NO PRE-REGISTRATION NECESSARY! All Open classes are drop-in, with the exception of Intro to Adult Ballet. See brochure (at link above) for more information.
- Adult Open Classes are for students 15 years of age and older.
- Please refer to the Rhythm & Motion and Adult Class Brochures for dress codes and shoe requirements.
Open Class Pricing
There are two payment options for Open Classes:
- Feel free to take any adult class of your choice by purchasing a Dance Card that gives you the advantage of a discounted class rate.
10 class Dance Card for $135.00, expiring in 4 months
- Single class tuition allows you to pay for individual classes.
Regular single class: $15.00
Senior rate (over 50): $13.00
***A student rate of $10 is available to College students with a valid student ID card
For details, please call 804-344-0906 extension 228