Richmond Ballet, the State Ballet of Virginia, seeks a Company Manager to join a dynamic and diverse team of arts professionals at one of the country’s most admired and accomplished regional ballet companies.
The Company Manager oversees the day to day administrative practices of the Artistic and Production teams. This role is an active liaison between the artistic staff, professional and trainee dancers and production department with responsibilities including managing schedules, assisting in rehearsal calls and production tasks in order to prepare for successful performances.
• Assist the Artistic staff with administrative support;
• Print and distribute daily schedules;
• Arrange hotel reservations, transportation, catering needs for touring;
• Communicate requests and changes between artistic staff, dancers and production staff;
• Assist Stage Manager at performances;
• Work with production team on load in and load out of productions;
• Liaison for HR on dancer payroll and workers compensation when needed;
• Communicate with guest artists including; dancers, choreographers and designers;
• Distribute cast list and communicates updates with any changes to cast and/ or rehearsal calls;
• Attends meetings and takes minutes for Artistic leadership team;
• Travel with Artistic and Production teams when needed;
• Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the job classification.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
Job Type: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D, Long-Term Disability, Accidental/Critical Illness insurance policies, Health Savings Account, 403(b) Retirement Account
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Prospective candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Richmond Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing and promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) throughout the organization including talent recruiting and retention, training, artistic programming, community outreach and workplace culture.