Richmond Ballet, the State Ballet of Virginia, seeks a Media Specialist to join a dynamic and diverse team of arts professionals at one of the country’s most admired and accomplished regional ballet companies.
The Media Specialist is responsible for a broad range of video and photography duties including filming and editing performances for the Company, School of Richmond Ballet and Richmond Ballet’s community engagement program Minds in Motion.
• Films live performances and featurettes of guest choreographers;
• Sets up cameras, lights and sound to capture all interviews;
• Achieves and maintains all digital video footage;
• Films, edits and storyboards Lecture Demonstrations and similar projects;
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create marketing videos and media advertisements;
• Cleans and maintains all camera equipment;
• Maintains all achieved recordings including original sources stored on VHS, Hi8, DV and digital formats;
• Assists with media requests for grants and other outside requests;
• Works flexible hours based on performances including evenings and weekends;
• Performs other duties as required or assigned which are within the scope of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• 2+ years of videography experience preferably in performing arts
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
Salary and Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D, Long-Term Disability, Accidental/Critical Illness insurance policies, Health Savings Account, 403(b) Retirement Account
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Prospective candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Richmond Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing and promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) throughout the organization including talent recruiting and retention, training, artistic programming, community outreach and workplace culture.