September 3, 2021 Update
The health and safety of our Richmond Ballet community remains our number one priority. We will continue to monitor the latest CDC and local government guidelines, making any changes or adjustments to our protocols as needed throughout the season. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these constantly evolving times.
Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the Richmond Ballet building (see exception for fully vaccinated Adult students below).
21/22 SEASON PERFORMANCES
We look forward to welcoming you to the theatre! Please note that we are seating at 100% capacity this season. For the protection of our entire community, we strongly encourage audience members to be fully vaccinated prior to attending a performance. Following local health and government guidelines, as well as recommendations from the Ballet’s medical task force team, we have put the following protective measures in place for Studio One:
- requiring all staff and audience members, regardless of vaccination status, to wear masks covering both the nose and mouth
- cleaning and disinfecting the theatre prior to each show
- providing contactless ticket scanning
- emailing digital playbills in advance of the performance (richmondballet.com/playbill)
- suspending drink service at the Ballet Barre
- eliminating intermissions (the performance is approximately 50 minutes)
- designating staircases as “up” or “down” only
- providing hand sanitizer throughout the facility
- encouraging all patrons who do not feel well to stay home*
We were hopeful that we could gather once again for a reception with the dancers but with the current Delta variant surge, we feel that everyone’s health and safety should be handled with utmost caution. While we will not host receptions until it is safe to do so, our Choreographer’s Club ticketholders will still experience the exclusive post-show Q&A sessions with the artists, designers, and dancers as well as receive a special treat so that they may enjoy a piece of the reception at home.
We will continue to monitor the latest CDC and local government guidelines, making changes or adjustments to our protocols throughout the season.
SCHOOL OF RICHMOND BALLET
School of Richmond Ballet has established specific building entry and class protocols, including:
- Requiring all students to complete health survey prior to entering the building
- Requiring masks to be worn at all times (see Adult Division information below for exception)
- Limiting class sizes to allow for social distancing
- Cleaning and disinfecting ballet barres and floors daily with faculty and staff supporting cleaning strategies through the day and in between classes
Fully vaccinated adult students participating in our Adult Division may take class without a mask. Because the School of Richmond Ballet is home to students of all ages, all clients must continue to wear a mask while entering and exiting the building. Clients will only be allowed to remove their masks once they enter the studio for class. Fully vaccinated students who prefer to wear masks may feel free to do so.
Fully vaccinated is defined by the CDC as:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
We ask our adult students who are not fully vaccinated to continue to wear masks at all times, including when taking class, in accordance with CDC guidelines, and to keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated or until the CDC indicates masks are no longer necessary.