STUDIO SERIES PERFORMANCES
We look forward to welcoming you to the theatre! The safety of our Richmond Ballet community remains our number one priority. Following local health and government guidelines, as well as recommendations from the Ballet’s medical task force team, we have put the following protective measures in place:
- requiring all staff and audience members to wear masks covering both the nose and mouth
- assigning six-foot socially-distanced seating between groups at the Studio Theatre, reducing the capacity from 250 to 64
- offering one-hour shows with no intermissions
- cleaning and disinfecting the theatre prior to each show
- providing hand sanitizer throughout the facility
- eliminating will call as a ticket delivery option
- providing contactless ticket scanning
- emailing digital playbills in advance of the performance (richmondballet.com/playbill)
- staggering arrival times of patrons and organizing theatre exits based on seat location
- designating staircases as “up” or “down” only
- suspending drink service at the Ballet Barre
- encouraging all patrons who do not feel well to stay home
*No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the Richmond Ballet building. If this applies to you, please call our Box Office at 804.344.0906 x224 so that we may exchange your ticket(s) to our virtual performance.
While we will not host receptions until it is safe to do so, our Choreographer’s Club ticketholders will still experience the exclusive post-show Q&A sessions with the artists, designers, and dancers as well as receive a special treat so that they may enjoy a piece of the reception at home.
Thanks to the vaccine rollout and the latest information about COVID-19, we are excited to announce that our medical task force has now approved more dancers to partner with each other and some dancers to appear without masks for the May Studio Series performances. Dancers will, at all times, remain more than 15 feet from the audience.
Should patrons not feel well or prefer to watch the performance from the comfort of home, we are pleased to also offer a virtual ticket option. Virtual ticket buyers will receive a link to a recording, providing unprecedented access to the performance, which will be available to stream for one week.
Except for 30 minutes prior to performances, our physical Box Office will remain closed. Our team can be reached at 804.344.0906 x224 during normal Box Office hours, Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm.
We will continue to monitor the latest CDC and local government guidelines and make any changes or adjustments as needed.
SCHOOL OF RICHMOND BALLET
We are so excited to have our students back in the studio! Following local government guidelines as well as recommendations from our medical task force, we have established specific building entry and class protocols which all students have received. In addition to our in-studio classes, many School of Richmond Ballet classes will be live streamed. Call (804) 344-0906 x231 or visit richmondballet.com/school for more information.