Policies & Information
SRB ANNUAL REGISTRATION:
1. Registration must be completed and tuition must be paid, either in full or 1st installment, prior to any student’s entrance into class.
2. There is a non-refundable $40 annual processing fee due with the first payment, per student, which will automatically be applied to the account.
SRB TUITION PAYMENT:
1. Upon registration all students and their parents/legal guardians make the commitment to pay the agreed upon full tuition whether they remain enrolled in the program or not. Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of a serious illness or injury documented by a doctor’s explanation.
2. School of Richmond Ballet tuition is set at affordable, competitive rates. Students enrolled for the year can pay their tuition in full at the time of registration, or in four installments. The first installment is due at the time of registration. Those who choose to pay in installments will receive invoices for subsequent payments, unless a request is made for automatic billing by credit card. Selecting the installment payment option does not lessen the legal commitment to pay the full year’s tuition. The installment payment schedule is as follows:
1st Payment – Due at time of registration
2nd Payment – Due November 1
3rd Payment – Due February 1
4th Payment – Due April 1
1st Payment – Non-refundable deposit of $500 due at time of registration.
Balance due by May 1
SRB SUMMER SESSION/CAMPS
Full Payment due at time of registration.
MINDS IN MOTION AMBASSADORS
Minds In Motion Ambassadors will not be responsible for tuition in classes provided as part of the Minds In Motion Program. Ambassadors enrolling in any SRB classes should follow the financial section for School of Richmond Ballet.
MIM SUMMER CAMPS
1st Payment – A non-refundable deposit of $75 is due at time of registration.
Balance due 2 weeks before first day of camp.
FEE(S) AND DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS:
1. In the event that a check is returned for insufficient funds, we will make a second attempt to deposit the check. Each time a check is returned for insufficient funds, a $13.00 returned check fee will be added to the student account.
2. A $25.00 late fee, per student, will be imposed on the fifth business day after a due date and on the first of each month for as long as your account is not current.
3. Should this account become delinquent and collection becomes necessary, the undersigned agrees to be additionally responsible for attorney’s fees of 33 1/3% of total delinquent balance and all applicable court costs incurred by School of Richmond Ballet during the process. When using the automatic payment option, it is the responsibility of the payee to notify School of Richmond Ballet of changes to the credit card on file. If financial difficulties arise, please call 804.344.0906 and ask to speak with Susan Collet.
Limited Financial Assistance is available to students ages 8 and up in the School of Richmond Ballet. To qualify, students must demonstrate financial need, a high level of commitment, and significant talent as evaluated by the program’s director and teachers.
FINANCIAL AID ASSESSMENT
Tuition assistance is available on the basis of demonstrated need. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of School of Richmond Ballet, you are encouraged to apply.
Beginning this year, School of Richmond Ballet will be partnering with TADS for financial aid applications.
TADS provides a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by the School of Richmond Ballet award committee in accordance with its policies to determine the award amount. Final awards notices will be emailed by the committee.
Applications for tuition assistance may be completed online at https://sssandtadsfa.force.com/familyportal/FamilyLogin?startURL=%2Ffamilyportal
The following supporting documentation must be submitted to TADS via mail or fax prior to the application due date in August. (See application for more details).
- Household members’ most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned)
- W-2’s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e., welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation, etc.,)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
NEED ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have award information.
SSS/TADS Website for Parents & Families http://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents - A great place to begin the process.
The link to the Family Portal login page https://sssandtadsfa.force.com/familyportal for completing the online application.
Parent Assistance: Family support center at (800) 344-8328. Parents can also email email@example.com for help.
Written notice of intent to withdraw must accompany all withdrawals. Tuition is non-refundable after the start of each respective installment period. Tuition is pro-rated only in the case of a serious illness or injury documented by a doctor’s explanation.
The billing contact will be held responsible for payment for all classes, through the current installment period during which written notification of withdrawal is received. Additionally, the billing contact will be charged the below withdrawal fee:
- Children’s Division: $25.00, $50 after February 1
- Lower Division: $75.00, $150 after February 1
- Middle Division: $150.00, $300 after February 1
- Upper Division: $250.00, $500 after February 1
- Trainee Division: $500.00, $1,000 after February 1
For withdrawals from the Summer Intensive Program before May 1, a refund of the student’s current balance less the non-refundable deposit(s) will be issued. Any student withdrawing after May 1, 2024 will be held responsible for the full tuition amount (and housing cost, if applicable) for the 2024 Summer Intensive Program. Medical withdrawals must be accompanied by a doctor's note in order to receive a refund, less the non-refundable deposit(s).
Summer Housing Fees:
Housing fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and not pro-rated after May 1. Students who are registered and not withdrawn as of May 1 (and in the case of late registration, any date thereafter) are committed to paying the full balance of the housing costs, whether or not they remain enrolled in the program.
SRB SUMMER SESSION/CAMPS
For withdrawals from the Summer Session Program before June 1, a refund of the students’ tuition will be issued. Any student withdrawing after June 1, 2024 will be held responsible for the full tuition amount for the 2024 Summer Session/Camp. Medical withdrawals must be accompanied by a doctor’s note in order to receive a full refund.