Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
• What information do you obtain about me?
• Do you obtain any information by automated means?
• Cookies and web beacons
• How do you use the information you obtain about me?
• Third-party analytics services
• Online tracking and interest-based advertising
• With whom do you share my information?
• How can I unsubscribe from marketing emails from the Richmond Ballet?
• Do you collect information about children?
• How do you protect my information?
• Why do you provide third-party links, online services and features, and what do I need to know about the third parties’ privacy practices?
What information do you obtain about me?
The types of information we collect about you may include:
• your name and contact information, such as your email address and mailing address;
• payment information relating to tuition, donations and ticket sales; and
• other information you submit through the Site.
Do you obtain any information by automated means?
When you use the Site, we may collect certain information by automated means using technology such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, internet service providers, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the website.
How do you use the information you obtain about me?
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, including sending you information about the school and our products, services, programs and events;
• provide products and services that you request;
• customize your experience with the Site;
• understand how we can help you or provide access to our products, services, programs and events;
• increase and maintain the safety and security and prevent misuse of the Site;
• operate, maintain, evaluate and improve the Site and our products, services, programs and events (including analyzing and improving the Site and our programs, managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third party analytics services on the Site, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy or support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party ad services. Through such ad services, we can retarget our messaging to users of our Site on other webpages and applications through interest-based and contextual means. These services track your online activities over time and across multiple websites by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The ad services use this information to show you ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad services may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our ads, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on the Site and on third-party websites that participate in these ad services. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn about how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., click here.
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
With whom do you share my information?
How can I unsubscribe from marketing emails from the Richmond Ballet?
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, click the “unsubscribe” link found in our marketing email messages or let us know by sending us an email or writing to us at the below email or mailing address. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from marketing email correspondence, we may still need to email you with transactional or administrative information.
Do you collect information from children?
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
How do you protect my information?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Why do you provide third-party links or online services, and what do I need to know about the third parties’ privacy practices?
email@example.com. You also may write to us at:
407 East Canal Street
Richmond, VA 23219