Careers at Richmond Ballet
Thank you for your interest in joining the Richmond Ballet team.
Richmond Ballet, The State Ballet of Virginia, is looking for a Box Office Manager to join our collaborative team of arts professionals. The Box Office Manager will join a dynamic company celebrating its 39th year as one of the country’s most admired and accomplished regional ballet companies.
The Box Office Manager oversees the daily operations of the Richmond Ballet Box Office to ensure accuracy in sales and excellent customer service. Daily responsibilities include managing all aspects of ticketing, including single ticket, group, and subscription sales for Richmond Ballet professional company performances as well as School of Richmond Ballet end-of-year workshops. The Box Office Manager plays an integral role in meeting the Ballet’s earned revenue goals, working closely with the Marketing & Communications Director on strategies to increase ticket sales, retain current ticket buyers, and attract new audience members.
• Routinely communicate with single ticket buyers, subscribers, board members and donors on all ticketing questions and needs
• Facilitate community partnerships in relation to the annual group sales campaign
• Coordinate special ticketing initiatives, including complimentary tickets, donor pre-sales, up-sells, discount offers, and ticket donations
• Oversee the annual subscription campaign which includes working with ETIX on building the performances and corresponding subscription packages, ensuring all information is accurate, and preparing and sending out all subscription renewal materials
• Manage all reporting related to ticket sales and performance attendance, working closely with the CFO and accounting team to reconcile revenue as well as the development team for grant reporting
• Supervise the Ballet’s Box Office & Arts Administration Assistant and serve as the liaison for front of house staffing at Dominion Energy Center
• Handle any and all patron concerns or complaints and work with box office staff on resolving any issues, as well as any front of house concerns or issues during performances
• At least 3 years’ experience with an established box office ticketing platform
• At least 2 years’ experience serving in a managerial role
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to efficiently and effectively resolve issues
• Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple, ongoing projects
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This is a salaried, exempt position requiring some night and weekend work. Eligible for full benefits package including health, retirement and PTO. Prospective candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. EOE
posted August 23, 2022